fret buzz on cheap fender acoustic

Recently purchased a baroque measurement tool for action on guitars. I messed up the plastic saddle so I purchased a set of bone - saddle, nut and pins. Have the strings at the height I wanted (maybe the high E can go down a bit more) I have fret buzz on the low end of the middle 2 strings. The strings sit flat and not rounded like the frets. I buzz on the 2nd fret, the 4th fret and 6th fret using the two middle D & G strings, and a few other spots. Actually have it tuned down a whole step and it's way more noticable.

Since the strings lay flat and not round I feel I could mess up the guitar more if I start to file down the frets. Do you suggest that anyway? Or I was thinking I could get another set of bone saddle, nut and pins and start all over.

Make sure the neck is got the proper relief before you start messing with the fret height.

Make sure the neck is got the proper relief before you start messing with the fret height.

I still got to order the rocker and the proper file on amazon. I don't even have my 8 track in possession so I am putting a lot of things on hold.

It's cool though, don't want to be a dick to somone who helped me out unlike TAP electronics were giving me their run around without proper knowledge.

He was talking about neck relief, which is set by adjusting the truss rod. I agree, I'd start there before touching the fret height. From what you described, it sounds like the neck is either flat or has a bit of backbow. A little more relief in the neck will give the strings room to vibrate freely without contacting the frets.

Back