Fender Vintage Series Amps

kindofblue

hey guys,

Having a bit of trouble deciding whether or not to throw down some cash to buy a Super Reverb...just cause I dont want to hate lugging it around due to it's heavy weight in a year :)

I've conisdered the deluxe reverb...but im not sure it has enough guts for me.
Should I just stop being a pussy and just grab the super reverb? it sounds KILLER!!!!!!!! I want that blackface tone, but im a REAL big lazy ass.

Just buy one. I did. I still love mine.

As long as you have a place to set it up and leave it for the majority of practices, then taking it to jam or to a club once in a while isn't too bad.

Though....

I wouldn't mine a nice DeluxeReverb or two. ;)

Had a hotrod deluxe and it just didnt sound the same as the super! I guess for most scenarios, I can use my traynor ycv 40...has two 10's in it, sounds nice for what it is.

I had the same scenario with my twin, I'm nearly 60 and still gig, I first got a small hand trolley which was great but extra stuff to take but then struck a place on the second floor which totally stuffed me going up and down the stairs so I got a sheet of 3/4 ply made a new head box and a new open backed speaker cab.
Got the vynil from Stewmac and the grill cloth from antique audio supply, result is better than the original, the sound is tighter, less weight, great project and when they stuff me in a wooden box we still have the original case so my family can sell it.
Clive

kindofblue said:
hey guys,

Having a bit of trouble deciding whether or not to throw down some cash to buy a Super Reverb...just cause I dont want to hate lugging it around due to it's heavy weight in a year :)

I've conisdered the deluxe reverb...but im not sure it has enough guts for me.
Should I just stop being a pussy and just grab the super reverb? it sounds KILLER!!!!!!!! I want that blackface tone, but im a REAL big lazy ass.

Are you nuts? BUY IT!! my friends has one, and it sounds phenominal.

It is well worth the lugging around for the aural pleasure you get from it.

I also have a hard time believing that the Super is just as heavy as the twin...
Fender rates them as a 1 pound difference.

kindofblue said:
I also have a hard time believing that the Super is just as heavy as the twin...
Fender rates them as a 1 pound difference.

If anything its more heavy than a twin. 4 10's is a lot more mass than 2 12's. Plus there is more wood to accomidate the space for the speakers.

But it all boils down to it being one heavy ass amp.

Back