Fender Vintage Noiseless Pickups

I use noiseless on my Beck Strat and love it, replsced the sensors and never looked back. Don't know about vintage noiseless tho

peritus said:
Any thoughts on these? Everything I'm reading says bad news... It it unanimous?

I only like them with the TBX tone control addition. If you want that bold Dave Gilmour type tone. It's all what tone your after.

gcapel said:
I only like them with the TBX tone control addition. If you want that bold Dave Gilmour type tone. It's all what tone your after.
that's a helluva good tone!

Our resident luthier known as Light is on record as saying that all Fender noiseless single-coil pickups sound like ass. :D

i RETRACT my previous post about the dave gilmour type tone. I am refering to the eric clapton sig strat which also has the preamp circuit in it. If I were you I would test drive one in GC or somewhere. It was kick butt no less.

I believe gilmour actually uses lace sensor pickups. I would love to know the the wiring schem.

David Gilmour uses EMG's.

As for Fender Noiseless, I dislike them. If you want that same basic idea (a basically single coil sounding noiseless pickup, though they are NOT single coils, but in fact are just stacked humbuckers), check out the Kinmans. Same basic idea, MUCH better execution. Or you could try Joe Barden's pickups, which are hotter than a traditional single coil, but sound great none the less. Also worth looking into are Seymour Duncan's Vintage Rails.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Thank you

Light said:
David Gilmour uses EMG's.

As for Fender Noiseless, I dislike them. If you want that same basic idea (a basically single coil sounding noiseless pickup, though they are NOT single coils, but in fact are just stacked humbuckers), check out the Kinmans. Same basic idea, MUCH better execution. Or you could try Joe Barden's pickups, which are hotter than a traditional single coil, but sound great none the less. Also worth looking into are Seymour Duncan's Vintage Rails.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I was sure Gilmour used EMGs, but I thought maybe I was mistaken, or he had changed brands. Wasn't the drop-in pickguard/pickup setup EMG?

And Clapton used Lace Sensors.

notCardio said:
And Clapton used Lace Sensors.

No one stated what he actually used. I said the eric clapton sig. strat has the noiseless pickups along with a preamp circuit.

If you want to know what they sound like just test drive a strat with the pickup's in it.

I particularly don't care for the pickups on there own in a strat.

I found that the hotter ones sounded the best, the ones that come stock in the newer Jeck Beck Strat. The vintage Noiseless pickups sound a little to thin and spikey for me. When I was looking to replace the pickups in my USA 57 reissue I ended up buying a set of Seymour Duncan Duckbuckers, they just sounded like a vintage strat without the noise and hum, and that all I was really looking for.

Test driving is hard.. 'cause I'm left-handed... It's too late anyways, I ordered them (in left-handed) before I started this thread....

... And now I'm regretting it..

MessianicDreams said:
The the SCN pickups in my American Deluxe and they're great!! Sound lovely...
Same here...at least, I think they sound great, but I have to confess that I don't have any familiarity with other pickups, other than the Gold Lace Sensors on my Strat, and I think they sound kick-ass.

I have a Tele which came with the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups. They were very quiet but in my opinion also very lifeless. I replaced them with the Fender Custom shop Texas Specials and am much happier with the sound. I don't think the Texas Specials are for everyone but it suites my style of playing and I love the aggressive biting sound I get through my Fender amp with them.

Back