Fender Telecaster Plus Question

Ben Logan

I may have the opportunity to trade a buddy of mine some gear for his Telecaster Plus. Here's a picture of the model I'm talking about:

http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/images/zbtelePLUS.jpg

Here's my question: can the Lace Sensor pickups on the bridge configuration be swapped out and replaced (without routing the guitar out)? I can't imagine Fender putting out a guitar which disallowed changing pickups, but if there is a Fender Tele that's stuck the way it is, the Tele Plus seems to be it. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Ben

maybe usually but that's a humbucker so you're gonna have to put a humbucker in there. That doesn't look like a Lace either unless Lace also makes humbuckers. To go back to a normal Tele p'up in the usual position, you'd have to change the bridge also.

Thanks guys. This guitar is a funky model. The bridge configuration consists of two single coil pickups wired together to create a humbucker. I want to make sure I can swap at least one of those bridge single-coils out (and possibly disable the second one) for more of a traditional tele-twang bridge tone. Will a regular tele-bridge pickup fit in this space? Maybe a strat-pickup would fit in there. They're packed so closely together...
:confused:

Back