Fender Player Series Guitars and Basses

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I was reading the promo of these on GC's website and the wording is.. "Launched in June, 2018, Fender's Player Series Opens a New Window. Seriously ups the game on affordable, North American-built electric guitars and basses. With newly redesigned pickups, developed specifically for the Player Series..."

It just seems a bit tricky of them to say "..North American-built..", which of course it is, instead of MIM - which is clearly marked on the back of the headstock.

Has anyone tried any of these yet.. with the newly redesigned pickups..? I don't usually favor sunburst finishes, but the Strat sunburst looks especially vibrant. Could just be the photo..never know.

They've had the Players Series a lot longer than that. Mexican built, Asian componets. They were a pretty good deal before, have not heard any of the new ones. Wait a minute, aren't you the broke person? ;-)

:laughings: I am indeed that broke bloke and have no intention of buying any more guitars for at least 1 year.

I only posted that because it looked like GC was trying to put one over with the "North American-built.." wording - kind of phishing
for customers who will react to "...American-built..", possibly believing they are made in the U.S.A. Geography is not a well-taught
subject in many of today's schools, from what I understand.

$649... come on?

"MIM's are supposed to be $200 used and $350 new!" said Rip Van Winkle.

Here's a pic of a Road Worn Player Stratocaster I sold a while back. Was a pretty nice little beast! I've actually been pretty impressed with the Road Worn series Player and otherwise. Fender didn't do a half bad job on the relics. I also like that some I've had are really worn, while others show less wear, so while a bit cookie cutter, not 100%.

5-fender-road-worn-50s-strat-9721-bodyvert.jpg

Back