Fender "Noisless" pickups? Are they shit or not? (the shorter version)

pisces7378

Ok, I am about to re-outfit Stratocaster. I love this guitar. But... it sat up for way too long in my parents house, and now has rust all over the pickup magnets. All the hardware is also rusted, and the pickguard, knobs, and and pickup plastic has turned a dinggy shade of nicotine yellow.

So basically... I plan to replace some things: All new plastic and hardware from the pickups down to the tuning keys.

Now, I am a firm believer in..."If you want the Fender sound, then buy Fender pickups" So I want to buy a new set of Fender pickups. The new "Noiseless" pickups have my attention, because I have always hated the between song "snap, crackle, rattle, and hum" of single coil pickups. But if this new technology sacrafices any of the "Strat sound" that I am going for, then I want no part in it.

What do you guys suggest to give me a really full sound??? I am not interested in playing dive-bomb Eddie Van Hallen solos. I don't want to scream over my band with highs and upper mid's. I want to lay down a more deep, "in your stomach" feeling of depth. But in a "classic" way. I am talking about Robbie Robertson (The Band). I am talking about rhythm guitar in the mississippi delta blues. I am talking about sweet, deep, send you to sleep, lows, but with full and thick, krank this party up leads.

Which FENDER Pickups should I buy?

Please only answer if you really know what you are talking about and if you have had a few beers (as I have) and this thread has inspired you to think about the rock, the blues, electricity, and Fender guitars!

Thanks boys.

This is a re-post thread...

No one responded to my last post. I believe it is because I wrote it when I was a little drunk and just sort of rambled on and on. So here is a shorter, more precise thread, that I hope is clearer.

Sorry about the problems.

I think some high frequencies and bite are sacrificed with "noiseless" pickups.

You can remedy this by having two Strats. :D

The build quality is fine, but to my ear (and this is purely a personal preference) they are shit. But I do know people who like them.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I would suggest a set of Texas Specials. These are Fender's best IMHO> The hum and static you are complaining about are caused by various RF signals and can be cut down quite substantially by shielding your electronics cavity. I know many of you think this is already done for you, but most guitar manufacturers do a piss poor job of it. Checkout the guitar nut web site. I believe that is where I found the article on properly shielding the guitar.

Peace, Jim

Back