Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10

Jason001

I read some reviews on Harmony Central where guys were really slamming this amp, too loud, sounds thin, the more drive channel "aint worth using" etc... I've had one for 3 years and love it. Are there any owners of this amp out there? What have your experiences been like?
Jas

I've had the 2x12 model for about 3 years and love it. Of course I play Strats mostly, and have a rather clean tone. I think it's great for that. I like the tone I get, and definitely don't think it's too thin. The 4x10 model is even less on the thin side to my ear. Maybe they were looking for a certain sound from the amp, or trying to play a certain style of music through it. I don't think it's good at cranking out metal power chords without some sort of additional distortion box or unit.

Good to hear about other satisfied Deville owners.

Not changing the subject but...John X what kind of p/ups you using on that wild strat of yours? I've got lace sensors and a hotrails, I'm not toatly sold on the sensors, ever heard or tried the Lindy Fralin p/u? pretty $ for a full set but one will run you 70 bucks or so...man ya got a sweet tone Going On, on that mp3 I heard of yours, and that Deville sounded awesome!

So tell me John X sucks :D (just kidding) :) "the devil made me do it" :D :D :D

Yep, Jason001, most of the people I've heard complain about the Deville series of amps are looking for a different kind of tone, and usually don't play Strats. Although I also have a PRS that I play through it, it has a semi-hollow body and sounds very nice. Once again though, mostly clean tones.

David, in the Strat I recorded that song with I have three stock lace sensors, the first kind Fender came out with in 1990. The painted logo has worn off from years of beating that thing to death with a pick, but I think they are the silver ones. Those other pickups sound interesting, I've never heard of the Lindy Fralin ones, but will have to check them out. Only thing I've noticed is that no matter what Strat I play (I have another with alnico(sp) single coils) I sound just about the same. Now, if I could really get my tone where I want it to be, then that would be great to sound the same on every guitar.

Back