Favorite guitarist....feedback

Alot of great guitar players mentioned here, but nobody names Dimebag Darrell (RIP)? Before or after the tragedy, one of the best metal guitarists of all time, maybe only IMO.........

Al Di Meola. Plays with passion. I love passion.

Slide players, Ry Cooder is great, and I think Leo Kottke's pretty good on slide too.

Jeez so many greats

You guys have covered many of my favorites like

John McLaughlin
Robert Fripp
Steve Howe
Wes Montgomery
Santana (early)
Buckethead
and too many more already listed...

I will add a few folks that I find interesting in diferent categories - I have a strange range of tastes an I will miss many of my faves cause I have hundreds

Larry Coryell
Bill Frisell (with his old trio)
Bucky Pizzarelli (trad jazz and swing on a 7 string archtop)
Jorma Kaukonen
Django (amazing electric playing at the end of his career)
Jesse Ed Davis (Mostly blues - he had a beautiful tone - also worked with poet John Trudell)
Jim Hall
Jeff Beck (In his time, such a great feedback player)
Ted Nugent (near the end of the original Amboy Dukes - around the time of Marriage on the Rocks, Ted proved himself to be very expressive guitarist and an amazing feedback player - too bad he lost it)
Nicky Skopelitus - (a split personality, some things I cant stand and then he turns around and makes some obscenely beautiful sounds - at his best working with Bill Laswell in the studio)
John Abercrombie - Definately an innovator in my book and also great when he teamed with...
Ralph Towner
Tony Iommi - Just cause he did it first
Segovia
Ed Hazel - The original Funkadelic guitarist
Rich Gilbert (a new england favorite now gone country)

These are mostly oldsters cause I have been in that state of mind lately. I could go on for days.

Lets hear more of your faves.

Peace,
ST

The most underrated guitar player is Billy Corgan, no one gives the guys any credit. If you look past the Smashing Pumpkins singles and get the albums and b sides he is so creative and amazing. Plus he is the best song writer ever!!!!

Check out Geek USA for a sweetr guitar song.

also Ode to no One - amazing solo
I am One as well

Steve Morse is great.The Edge is one of my favorite players, he has his own unique sound. Has anyone heard of Ian Moore or seen him play live? He is out there kind of flying under the radar. But he is really good.

Back