EMG 81 vs Duncan Blackouts

Murdersgalore

The ultimate metal pickup showdown that has already been done hundreds of times, but there is a twist to this one. But let's not worry about that for the time being. Listen closely to the sample in the video and comment on which you prefer and why.

I've played a while on Duncan Blackouts. It's all about the taste. Blackouts are quite sharp on the clean tone. You can experiment with the tone by turning up/down the tone know. They're good at distortion and also more powerful on clean tone. More mids, more lows, more highs for Blackouts!

I've played a while on Duncan Blackouts. It's all about the taste. Blackouts are quite sharp on the clean tone. You can experiment with the tone by turning up/down the tone know. They're good at distortion and also more powerful on clean tone. More mids, more lows, more highs for Blackouts!

Are you sure you haven't left anything out there...:o

Seriously, you have posted 36 almost meaningless one liners in this board so far. Whilst most of us here have no problem with you posting please try and make it relevant to the topic and avoid threads that have been resolved or are dead threads already. You can learn a lot here and hopefully in time contribute value as well but most of the members are already a few steps ahead of you.;)

If you want to get your post count up you can do it in the n00b5 board right at the top of the list.

Having played both of these pickups, I would have to say that i prefer the Blackouts, I am a metal guitarist and therefore prefer the attack that i can get out of them. The EMG's just seem too boring to me and never sounded good through my Mesa. Granted I actually just put the Blackouts in my guitar about 3 months ago so maybe i am still just in love with the fact that they are new and i put them in myself :)

Back