Electric Guitar Pickup Pole issue

mactreouser

Hi,
My Electric Guitar Pickup Pole (Hexagon) most of them were not be able to loosen or tighten up. Which means you could pull it up by fingernails. Does it mean damaged? No way to DIY Fix?

That may be because its difficult to know what type of pickup you have. Make and model would help.

As for being damaged, you can move the pole pieces of a standard strat pickup. Unless the pole piece is vibrating, it will do it's job, which is to provide the magnetic field to couple to the string movement. If it is very loose, you can add wax to set the pole piece and keep it from falling out. If you're talking about hex keyed humbuckers, they should move like any screw. Depending on how the pickup is made, you could strip the threads, if it was made of cheap plastic. Still, you could add a bit of wax, put in the hex screw and let it solidify.

You really shouldn't be needing to constantly adjust the pole pieces. Set it and forget it would be the rule here.

A big thanks, dude!
I would like to give it a shot! May I know what type of WAX should I apply? Bee Wax Ok? Or... Candle Wax is allowed??

Candle wax will work, but I find that Brazilian wax gives a much smoother tone!!!!
:laughings::laughings::laughings::facepalm: Joking aside they use shellac on iron cores in transformers so you might find it easier to use clear nail polish using the fine brush to get between the strings. Not for use on the adjustable posts though otherwise you might never adjust them again.

Back