Eden bass amps

Nateman01

Hi, i was looking to upgrade my amp. I was thinking about a cab with 2 tens and a smaller head.
Today i saw an N28S 2x8" Silver Series Bass Combo Amplifier in a local shop i played it and liked it. So i have three questions.

1. Has anyone had any experience with this combo amp?
2. Does anyone have any other recomandations for similar amps?
3. Would this be enough to hold the bottom end at a smaller venue sutch as a small bar or coffe shop?

Thanks in advance.

If it's any help, I have an Eden Nemesis 200W 4x10 combo that does the job for any venue I play in. For larger venues I just go direct-out to the PA.

can't help you much, but i have an Eden nemesis 4x10 cab, and the thing is awesome. super lightweight, good quality, and great sound. i've tested out an eden nemesis bass head before, and i liked it. it's all good quality stuff, don't think you can really go wrong if you like the sound it gives you.

Then my gusee would be

EddieRay said:
I'm in a 4-piece classic rock cover band right now.

that's not gonna be enough power. If you said a coffee house folk trio, or light jazz combo, maybe. I don't know though, just my guess, using 2 8's seems more than a bit on the light side to me, even if it is an Eden.

notCardio said:
that's not gonna be enough power. If you said a coffee house folk trio, or light jazz combo, maybe. I don't know though, just my guess, using 2 8's seems more than a bit on the light side to me, even if it is an Eden.

Agreed. I see the N28S is rated at 120W.

It's not so much the 120 watts

as the 2 8's that seem anemic. I don't know though, could be loud as hell.

See if there's any way you can try it out at a practice with the band.

I thought it might not be enough. I play in a 3 sometimes 4 piece rock band. Although most places i have been have a PA and the amp has a DI. They also have a 1X15 for only $25 more would that help or should i look at something bigger?
thanks for the quick replies.

you should probably get something more powerful. i prefer the sound of 8's over 15's. i have a 350W ampeg driving my Nemesis 4x10, and it's loud, but i have to push it pretty hard to get it to keep up with a rock band as far as volume.

Back