Dream Guitar?

FromtheSOUTH

So. I looked around and didn't see a similar thread anywhere, soooooooooooooooo.......

What is your dream instrument?

That is, when you're sleeping, and dreaming of playing an arena show with thousands of fans screaming your name (you know you've had that dream), what kind of guitar/bass are you playing?

Real, or fictitious.

For me, it's a Carl Thompson 4 string walnut bass, with shiny gold hardware and and a tremolo arm that I don't use at all. But it looks cool. And for some reason, I spin around and stomp when I get into the song...

I may have been dreaming about what it would be like if I played bass for Primus...

How about youse guys? Do you already own your dream instrument?

Mine would just be a Gibson Les Paul with a nice Marshall tube amp. No specific model for the Marshall (though I've been eying the DSL 40C for studio use), but I've always loved both the Gibson Les Paul and Marshall tube amps.

Mine would just be a Gibson Les Paul with a nice Marshall tube amp. No specific model for the Marshall (though I've been eying the DSL 40C for studio use), but I've always loved both the Gibson Les Paul and Marshall tube amps.

:D :D

20120421_165536.jpg

When I was 12, and a rabid Sabbath fan, I decided I should play guitar and get a blue Gibson SG. A couple years later I started playing and found out there weren't any (at least, that's what appeared to be true with the information available to me in 1984). Many years later, I looked on ebay, and:

attachment.php

(oh, yes, and a nice Marshall tube amp)

I want three of my former guitars back. My 1976 Gibson explorer (in the condition I bought it in, not how I sold it) and my 1978 ibanez Paul Stanley model Iceman.

I sold the Iceman in the late 80's because the neck got squirrely and eventually bought a normal Iceman to replace it.

I stopped playing guitar in the mid 90's and sold them in 2005 to fund a new audio computer. I still don't play much, but when I do, I really wish I had these back instead of the cheap things I have lying around.

Breedlove CM 12 string. Redwood top, Brazilian Rosewood back & sides. Blood wood binding, ebony fret board, stainless steel frets, med. Ebony capped tuning keys. Custom fretscape, with a tree.

Can't seem to find any decent pics on the net.

The guitars I dream about tend to be ones that I don't have. Sadowsky bass would be cool. Les Paul with an unchambered body, 60's slim taper neck and 57 alnico PAF's. Same with mini buckers. A nice strat style with the improved whammy bridge and vintage pickups. Nice Tele. I'm thinking that a G&L or high quality Music Man would be just as good as a Fender for these. Or a decent Fender if it was a nice guitar.

What else, ES 175... Taylor Acoustic... Mustang that could stay in tune...

Curious about baritones these days too. And fretless 6 string electric.

Greg Smallman handmade cedar classical. Except instead of 10,000 fans screaming my name it would be 5,000 people shutting the fuck up and listening to the guitar at Strathmore.

Greg Smallman handmade cedar classical. Except instead of 10,000 fans screaming my name it would be 5,000 people shutting the fuck up and listening to the guitar at Strathmore.

Ahh, yes. The Greg Smallman. Many popular guitarists have one. John Williams and Milos Karadaglic to name my two favorite.

My classical that I posted earlier has a similar sound. I find it to be just a tad bit brighter, though.

I pretty much have all the guitars I'd like to have except for a few thousand that I think I could find use for. I wouldn't mind this one sitting around the living room.

Attachments

• D'Angelico.jpg
    D'Angelico.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 40
Back