Dream Guitar?

A Fender P bass with ashtray, a Rickenbacker bass and a 12 string Ricky = or the 6 string type Lennon played. ALMOST entiurely for the looks because I've not played them only heard them.
I have no real yearning for a really expensive name/brand (Ricks were only middle level instruments in the 60's) or exotica though I'd love a Danelectro Longhorn short Scale bass because it looked so cool in the Glitter Band or one of those Teiscos with the 1/2 dozen pickups and a VOX teardrop/canoe paddle guitar too.

Ahh, yes. The Greg Smallman. Many popular guitarists have one. John Williams and Milos Karadaglic to name my two favorite.

My classical that I posted earlier has a similar sound. I find it to be just a tad bit brighter, though.

What is it anyway? Looks like it's seen better days.

I don't know the luthier, unfortunately.

It's a tabla guitar made in the 1910's. I think this guitar was made slightly before the time where flamenco guitars have a piercing treble to them as it is slightly bright but still very mellow like a classical.

100_6232.JPG

Mosrites sound like Mosrites - I love 'em & have a nice Guyatone copy which sounds a bit like a Mosrite.

Is that Johnny's?

Yes. Look at that thing. Mosrite Ventures II. The cheapest, most low-budget Mosrite ever made. Supposedly only 25 or so were produced in total. Johnny had 3 or 4 of them. His original Ventures II was blue and it was stolen. This white one replaced it in 77 and became THE one. The white one made it through a dozen or so albums and 2000+ shows around the world. If a guitar can have "mojo", that one certainly has a shitload of it.

I love Rickenbackers, so a 325 model like John Lennon's from his early Beatle days would be awesome!

My guitar tech says Rickenbacker's have serious workmanship issues so if you do ever buy one be sure to check intonation, etc. I have a 650 (not semi-hollow) and I love it. It was actually the cheapest Rick when it came out and has more than doubled in price since then (13 years ago).

Well,...I already have a couple of my dream guitars,...a 1992 G&L Legacy Swamp(Black) Ash body with a vintage 7 1/2 radius maple neck and a 2001 Paul Reed Smith(PRS) mahogany body,1/4" bookmatch maple flame top,Maple neck and rosewood fretboard,Dragon II pickups,push/pull knob coil spliter.

But,...my dreamiest of dreamy dream guitars would be a 'Carlo Santana' signature series Paul Reed Smith with all the
trimmings,...they only go for about $8,000 new,:facepalm:
santana[1].jpg
Guitars 009.JPG
Guitars 003.JPG

My dream axe is a lefty OM45 done to 1930 specs. Brazilian, planetary tuners, snowflakes, torch, tobacco sunburst, the works.

Or maybe a lefty 0028 with a slot peghead...

A solid rosewood Strat would be far out too.

Johnny's guitar looks great and sounds superb for rock music.
I wonder if it'd vote for Reagan if it had the chance?

Reactions: JCH
Back