common mistakes that make your tone suck.

The sweet spot on the bravo amp is the master volume on about 5 with the pre-gain on whatever you want it on....depending on how much distortion you need.
Actually when you crank the master volume up enough, to get power tube breakup, it doesn't sound quite as good. It gets a bit flabby and compressed. Now the power tube breakup on the clean channel, with no pre-gain, sounds pretty good. Idunno. The pre-gain doesn't sound like the typical pre-gain on this amp. Its reminds me of a messa.. I think it was designed for the power tube section to be really tight and the pre-gain section to sound great.
I'm going through my homemade closed back cab. The speaker baffle on this amp is made of OSB board. Im upgrading that. The amp sounds wonderful through my enclosed 12" speaker cab and also through my 2/12 hot rod Deville open back fender cab. The amp as is, with the 12"speaker mounted to the OSB baffle is too thin, and has a midrange honk that is hard to dial out. I'm going to put a birch or either pine baffle in the amp to mount the speaker to and I believe it will greatly improve the tone or the on board speaker.

Back