Clear up the rumors please.....

DreadfulJake

Hey i was just curious.....whats the deal with Rouge? I heard that Squire owns them or something which would mean that they make like 3rd line guitars/basses....Whats the deal? does anyone know?

DreadfulJake said:
Hey i was just curious.....whats the deal with Rouge? I heard that Squire owns them or something which would mean that they make like 3rd line guitars/basses....Whats the deal? does anyone know?
I'd have to research it.

I had a Rogue bass amp for awhile and it sounded really tinny. It was only a practice amp, and the only way to make it sound decent was to run it through a PA and eq the hell out of it. It was pretty cheap too.

DreadfulJake said:

Squire cannot own anything because Squire is not a company.

Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend, which inturn, produces Rogue.

Rokket said:
Isn't Squire part of Fender?

Yes, but not in the manner that NBC is a whole company (with CEO's etc) that is owned by GE.

Squire is just a lable that gets slapped on Fenders cheap shit. Fender commissions the product development.

Outlaws said:
Yes, but not in the manner that NBC is a whole company (with CEO's etc) that is owned by GE.

Squire is just a lable that gets slapped on Fenders cheap shit. Fender commissions the product development.
That makes sense. I can't find anything about Rogue except that a lot of music sales companies carry them. They don't have a homepage that I could find....

lbanks said:
Don't mess with Rogue. Don't go any lower than Behringer.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Awesome. What's the crappiest crap that is still bearable? This is my kind of thread! :D :D :D

To answer the question, "Rogue" is nothing more than a house-brand name for Musician's Friend.

That's it.

It's not a company, it doesn't make anything, it doesn't have a factory. It's merely the name numerous manufacturers put on contract product ordered by Musician's Friend.

bongolation said:
To answer the question, "Rogue" is nothing more than a house-brand name for Musician's Friend.

That's it.

It's not a company, it doesn't make anything, it doesn't have a factory. It's merely the name numerous manufacturers put on contract product ordered by Musician's Friend.
Ahhhhhh, makes sense!

bongolation said:

That's it.

As you look through catalogs you will see instruments that look exactly alike,except for their labels.The price difference can be for the materials,quality control or just the name. :rolleyes: They're all made in the same factory just for different companies.

acidrock said:
As you look through catalogs you will see instruments that look exactly alike,except for their labels.The price difference can be for the materials,quality control or just the name. :rolleyes: They're all made in the same factory just for different companies.
Damn instrument whores! :mad:

:D

Exactly....Hop Sings' guitar factory in korea makes the same guitar for a half- dozen companies to market. It's like any other product. My brother worked in a ketchup factory in N.Y. years ago and he said the same ketchup was bottled with 7 different labels.

Got some cash and a nice logo??? Start your own guitar line and advertise that... "it's even better than a Rogue"!!!!

goldtopchas said:
Exactly....Hop Sings' guitar factory in korea makes the same guitar for a half- dozen companies to market. It's like any other product. My brother worked in a ketchup factory in N.Y. years ago and he said the same ketchup was bottled with 7 different labels.
I it keeps prices down, I guess it's OK. but as far as instruments go, the cheaper priced guitars are not built the same as the higher costing ones. Different wood, different QA, and that's why they don't cost the same. I don't think any part of them is the same, except for the overall design...

post.aux.fader said:
I have a Behringer mixer (MXB1002) and it's proved me fine...

And just for fucks sake, is it
Rogue>Behringer, or Behringer>Rogue?
Behringer= May be able to do the job. Rogue=No way!
(I've owned a Rogue amp,)

lbanks said:
Behringer= May be able to do the job. Rogue=No way!
(I've owned a Rogue amp,)
That little bass amp I had sounded like crap until we ran it through the PA. Our guitarist was the sound guy since it was his gear. He managed to finally get it to sound decent after about 2 hours of knob turning.
Then he got mad at me and told me not to bring it to gigs anymore. I used a bass processor straight into the PA after that.
I still want the Gallien-Krueger amp.... :(

It doesn't make a diff WHO owns Squire as thier axes are constructed on the CHEAP!

Squire's only purpose is to allow the owner a cheap bass in which to experiment with modifying. I have a Squire P-Bass where I replaced the tuning keys with Schallers, out-fitted with Bartolini p/ups,changed the pick-guard with a Fender, changed the back, neck-plate and bridge. In addition,
I also changed the pots and added a lower-rated capacitor for greater tone ctl. A few minor fret adjmts, screws, this & that and now my Squire gives me a unique tone and quality perf alomost on par with both my Jazz & Pre-CBS Precision.

MISTERQCUE said:
It doesn't make a diff WHO owns Squire as thier axes are constructed on the CHEAP!

Squire's only purpose is to allow the owner a cheap bass in which to experiment with modifying. I have a Squire P-Bass where I replaced the tuning keys with Schallers, out-fitted with Bartolini p/ups,changed the pick-guard with a Fender, changed the back, neck-plate and bridge. In addition,
I also changed the pots and added a lower-rated capacitor for greater tone ctl. A few minor fret adjmts, screws, this & that and now my Squire gives me a unique tone and quality perf alomost on par with both my Jazz & Pre-CBS Precision.
Would'nt it have been easier just to buy a decent bass in the first place?

I think the Rogue bass amps are not a bad buy [snicker]. But id you run your bass through an MXR M-80 or a SansAmp Bassdriver, you can get a way better tone out of it. (Rogue is still pretty crappy though)

Back