chorus effect

sathyan

This is not actually for a guitar but as a stringed instrument perhaps close enough. I want to make a Yamaha SV120 electric violin sound like a section of violins so am looking for a clean chorus effect. Is this best achieved in a (1) pedal, (2) multi-effect pedal or (3) studio rack unit (with my budget it would have to be a Behringer)? Can you recommend any specific models under about $100? I want to be able to use this live rather than processing later in software

thanks
Sathyan

sathyan said:
This is not actually for a guitar but as a stringed instrument perhaps close enough. I want to make a Yamaha SV120 electric violin sound like a section of violins so am looking for a clean chorus effect. Is this best achieved in a (1) pedal, (2) multi-effect pedal or (3) studio rack unit (with my budget it would have to be a Behringer)? Can you recommend any specific models under about $100? I want to be able to use this live rather than processing later in software

thanks
Sathyan

Some kind of harmonizer sounds more like the thing you need, especially for live use. I don't know what you can find in you're budget range though, maybe one of the Zoom multi effect boxes may have a harmony effect that can suit you. Or look for used on Ebay maybe. :cool:

Supercreep said:
It will sound like a violin with chorus on it.

Can you triple track the section?

Supercreep's on the right track. If you want a string section sound then record the part as many times and as tight as you can.

Live? Sorry I missed that important bit of info...

I don't think there's a silver bullet here. I mean, there's effects that will sort of do what you want, but anybody with any experience will hear a single instrument with an effect.

Your best bet in this category would be an octaver or something like the George Lynch Doubler.

Still not going to sound like an ensemble.

Oh wait, perhaps a midi pickup for your fiddle to play samples a la the Roland GK pickup for the VG-8...

I don't know how cheesy/non-cheesy the sounds might be or how well the Gk would track on a fiddle, let alone how to install one.

Back