btw I had a guitar built...

kidkage

Bored of Canada
...hopefully the attached pics will show up. if not, just go here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190625914402496.47054.149723905159364&type=3
View attachment 74361View attachment 74362View attachment 74363View attachment 74364View attachment 74365
View attachment 74356View attachment 74357View attachment 74358View attachment 74359View attachment 74360

It's an Equinox RS-2.
Designed by me. Mahogany body, maple neck, ebony fretboard. Orange finish.
Even the logo is a custom job that the owner helped me put together.
I've had it about two weeks now and wanted to spend some time with it before I recommended it. I didn't know what to expect before it arrived.
...It's AMAZING. The only problem I've had is not being able to intonate G and D strings with the wraparound style bridge as I've never had one before. So I got one of those adjustable wraparounds from Guitar fetish. The concept with this place is pretty awesome. Completely customizable guitars. From body shape, to inlay, to headstock, logo, everything is up to you.
...Here's the kicker... the price: $400.
www.equinoxinstruments.com

Nice. Not a fan of orange, but still a nice guitar, especially for the money. Their website doesn't indicate that they offer ebony as a choice, though.

It would be cool to be able to have a custom instrument with your own logo.

It must be a nice feeling when everyone asks you what type of guitar you have and you can say "I built my own". haha nice guitar though. I am a fan of the color.

Yep. The owner told me during the initial build plan that they just started offering Ebony (and custom logo designs), so I'm the first Equinox customer with an Ebony fingerboard :D.
From what I understand the site is undergoing an overhaul here soon.

It's definitely a different type of connection with a guitar that truly is "yours".

Tons of body shapes (if I'm not mistaken, even custom body designs), 4 body wood options (alder, mahogany, basswood, paulownia).
Any paint job. 6 headstocks (or even a custom design). Multiple pickup configurations and options (EMGs!!!)

I like mine so much, and am so in love with the concept of the place that I'm doing a video review :eek: to try and get the word out...
I never review anything!

I should point out though that my price of $400 isn't a stock price.
The price is determined by whatever you put together.

They don't specify as to what the radius is on any of the necks, and that would be a major reason I would order a custom guitar. What's the radius on yours?

They don't specify as to what the radius is on any of the necks, and that would be a major reason I would order a custom guitar. What's the radius on yours?

I'll be honest. I have no clue what my neck radius is :( I should find out though, because I really like this neck...
You can email or call Equinox though and ask if youre looking for something.
The service is great!

The attachments don't work.
Do you like it?
Does it work for you?
That's all that really needs to be answered.
Look good though I'm a bit iffy about the extra routing for the knobs & switches.

that's cool ..... my wife said, "only 400 bucks?" ....... that might mean something good.
:)

The never ending HR attachment problem :(

I really like it though.
I'm not going to make some crazy comparison to a PRS 10-top or something like that. I will say that it feels more like a $600 or $700 guitar if that makes sense. Like on par with certain Japanese Fenders or something close.
I think I'm going to get another made with a Alder, Maple, Rosewood setup.

I liked it so much that it convinced me to buy one of the premade basses the owner was selling off from the first batch he had made due to overcrowding. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...68.2129370.1286850100&type=1&relevant_count=1
(There's actually a few still available: Several Guitars and Basses (only 5 left) )

If you get in touch with him Lt. Bob tell 'em Sunny said hello :D

lol

OP - very nice guitar! Lools like a steal, for what ya paid for it.

Thanks!

It makes me feel like I over payed for some of my others :p

It's weird. I had no probs with either of my equinox instruments. None with anything from Rondo either.
But have had some sketchy Deans, Ibanez's, and Epiphones (set neck completely detached from the body of a wilshire :eek:) arrive. Though that might actually be more of an issue with Musicians Friend.
Everything from Sweetwater has arrived in perfect shape.

Back