Boss VF1 Vs Line 6 POD?

Really ???

right im off to find em ?? (i hope)

by the way , i think boss or roland who ever has done a fantastic job in making the VF1 very easy to use and play about with. twist a couple of dials and thats all there is to it!

no faffing about at all!

regards

i`ll go check out the Pod samples if i can find em?
regards

i see from this forum that all you Guitar doods are much in love with the pod !

However i just bought a Boss VF1 multi fx unit, does anyone know how these 2 compare as for Guitar Sounds! i know the VF1 has far greater power when it comes to fx as it is not just a Guitar Di box. it will do vocal processing and anything else for that matter!

But just how good are these line 6 pods?
regards

The POD effects (delay,chorus, flange, reverb, etc) are not exceptionally impresssive, BUT the amp sounds are better than anything I've ever heard aside from the real thing.

The POD isn't really a multi FX unit so maybe they're not comparable. I've never used the boss vf1.

But the POD *is* as good as everyone says it is. If you're not sure what it does www.line6.com

Where I come from, the POD sells for $415 Cdn. and the VF1 thing sells for about $599 Cdn., so already, price is a factor and it probably indicates that it's tough to compare them one on one for that reason alone. The primo thing with the POD is, you just reach over and turn a couple nobs and you're customizing your own manual settings or you're customizing(editing) the preset sounds. And, you do this all on the fly with instant changes. The thing about effects processors with "BANKS", is that they are just way more complicated and time consuming to use. As far as I'm concerned, "BANKS" are for depositing money, not for depositing effects settings! Sure the POD comes with 36 presets in 36 "BANKS", but to change these settings it just takes a couple turns of various nobs and you hit save if you want to keep the changes. I just gave up using a Boss ME6 effects processor because I was tired of being a "BANK MANAGER" instead of a home recording/musician type guy. The POD can't produce all the sound combinations the VF1 thing can, but it will give you great sounds for recording direct in to your computer. It just sounds great and it's easy to use! The drawback that I've found is that you can only layer certains effects with others depending on how they sit on the effects dial. I'm not using the midi interface yet, so maybe in midi, you can get around this. Anyway, I'd love to hear sound soud samples from the VF1 thing as I'm sure it also sounds great. The POD is the best device I've ever used for under 420 bones.......You can take that to the BANK.....Wait until the cats on the west coast start rolling out of bed....they should have lots to say regarding the POD.....
Thanks, STOOPERSONIC(I got loaded last night, so until I recover, I am no longer SUPERSONIC).

[This message has been edited by Supersonic (edited 04-09-2000).]

You POD guys, of which I am one, should keep in mind that you don't have to use the POD alone. Go ahead and chain it with a Quadraverb or a stompbox or anything and you will get tons of sounds.

I think we m,issed my point a little!

im not trying to comapre prices or value for money , just pure guitar tones.

i was just wondering if any one out there had tried both?? and could say which in their opinion sounded best!

about the samples , that is a great idea .

maybe if any pod 6 guys would like to convert some audio bytes to mp3 i could do the same for the VF1!!

email me or leave details on here!
Regards

ah found em after a while lol!

sounds ok to me !!

but i think i will stick with my VF1 !!

i`ll get some sound bytes on my site soon!

by the way the clean sounds are killer !!
on the VF1 which was a real surprise!!

Regards

Hey Monty,
I noticed you brought up chaining the POD with a quadraverb, what sort of ideas does that lead to. I have both, but I have not used the QV in a long while. Anything really nifty I should be aware of?

MIKE

Hey RIff,

I also own a VF-1. I bought it because of the ability to use it for vocal, bass and just about anything. So far I have been really happy with it. The acoustic simulation is great too. My Strat with a single coil near the neck sounds great for acoustic recording. The best thing about the VF-1 is NO MICING! I tried the POD and thought it sound cool aswell, but the VF-1 just gives you more for the money.

Back