bigsbys and roller bridges

kaminari13

got a bigsby with a roller bridge?look close when you whammy down !!the rollers hardly move but the bridge does due to string tension ,this is normal so...roller bridges look nice but dont really do jack ,you can get more definition if you change the bridge to a tuneomatic,
another bigsby /trem revelation ,I fitted a solid body with a b5 (a jazzmaster with the original trem hole filled in) the strings got stuck on the nut when wanging about so it went out of tune .solution...i raised the string trees and bingo.hope this helps someone out there,got any more tips ?

kaminari13 said:
got a bigsby with a roller bridge?look close when you whammy down !!the rollers hardly move but the bridge does due to string tension ,this is normal so...roller bridges look nice but dont really do jack ,you can get more definition if you change the bridge to a tuneomatic,
another bigsby /trem revelation ,I fitted a solid body with a b5 (a jazzmaster with the original trem hole filled in) the strings got stuck on the nut when wanging about so it went out of tune .solution...i raised the string trees and bingo.hope this helps someone out there,got any more tips ?
Graphite from a pencil lead will help the strings slide in the nut and prevent them from going out of tune.

ez_willis said:
Graphite from a pencil lead will help the strings slide in the nut and prevent them from going out of tune.
the string trees were raised after this was tried and didn´t do the trick,thanks though

Back