Best bass rig ideas

24/44.1 here in Reaper, then render to a wave and then a mp3.
My unit can go to 96k but its a hassle and I don't hear much difference (don't have Golden Ears for sure).
24/44.1 seems to work smoothly, so does 16/44.1, but everyone says 24 so I just go with it. lol

read the whole post, good trouble shooting. the "latency on several tracks problem" sure sounded familiar to me, and think I fought it off before too.
Never had the UA Apollo unit though, but it can happen on other brands also.

Last edited:
Correct CoolCat. Here are some facts that explain why everyone says 24.
My threads are pretty all over the place hope you made it through the pages ok.

24-bit audio can record 16,777,216 discreet values for loudness levels (or a dynamic range of 144 dB), versus 16-bit audio which can represent 65,536 discrete values for the loudness levels (or a dynamic range of 96 dB).

Some old posts in the forum have links to useful information.

"Rob Stewart recommends setting peaks in our editing software to –2dBFS when working with 24-bit, and setting our average levels are below –12 to –16dBFS, or even better, he suggests we consider some of the newer “loudness monitoring” options out there such as metering that is based on Loudness Units Full Scale (LUFS), and set the average “loudness” of our mix somewhere between –16 and –23LUFS. Rob makes that recommendation since some encoders (i.e. for AAC and MP3) don’t handle peaks that are at (or near) 0dBFS very well. This new loudness measurement in LUFS something I am going to cover in an upcoming article about a new audio editing app that I am currently evaluating."

Back