Axe Fx 2

MilcoB

Anyone here use Fractal audio's Axe Fx??
Its expensive but the best digital amp I've ever used.
Anyone else have experience??

Not personally used one myself, but did make a guitar player re-record his songs with a real Marshall and cabinet mic'd, after he recorded his rhythm tracks at home. That is not to say he just didn't use the right presets for the tone he or I wanted/expected for the album recording...

Many live touring bands use them in place of the possible failure of tube heads, but what does that mean?

I basically just said nothing. lol! If it works for you then it works. :)

I've got a guitarist friend who converted from tube purist to modeling evangelical after he tried it.

Last I asked him about it, he was eagerly anticipating the Axe FX III.

I've played a few shows with him using it. It sounded pretty good live. Good representation of classic OD tone and very little stage volume.

lol became a evangelical... I was just looking up articles on the Axefx vs the Ultra vs II vs III and the others....

other competitors have fans too, mainly because they are cheaper, or plugins are fine....

most articles are pro Fractal, except for the cost as far as simulations modellers go. ...but which version is which or better or following the upgrades is a lot of reading. as I understand it... Ive never even heard one because they cost so much.

GC has one in town the first one Axe -Fx for $799 plus tax used. And I saw on Reverb a II was nearly the same , and I think thats newer than the Ultra....but older than the III obviously.

Back