Any body here used the Rectifier Recording Pre?

SLuiCe

Looking for a character change from my JCM 900. Samples would be especially helpful!

Tom

hey tommy boy :)

funny... been at the music store.. prob. gonna pick up the boogie v-twin pedal... and run that into my "on order" G- major effects unit... -->PA----> cab ---> mic

guessing the v-twin isnt that far off of the rectifier unit

that chain sounds very nice!... alot better than i was getting

i know what you mean about the jcm's ... they only have one sound to 'em

I have a V-Twin. It's a kick ass unit. There are some quarks about it, but you can probably work around those. For direct recording, you definitely need some sort of cabinet emulation. I use mine in front of my Marshall to add rectifer tones and in front of my Roland JC120 to add tube sounds to the Rolands prestine clean sounds.

I really need to spend more time here in the guitar forum... :)

I'm gonna head down town and see what Buckdancer's has got in stock today. I've been playing through that Marshall way too long and I think my ears just got numb to it.

You guys got any sound clips I could hear of your amps? No big deal if not... I just try to be really thorough in purchases. :)

Thanks a bunch fellas.

Tom

The V-twin does not sound the same as a recto... I have a v-twin, used to have a recto. The v-twin has a creamier character to it, kind of like the vintage channel on a recto, but with less bite to it. I think it has an overall looser, laid back feel than the recto, which is more chunky and aggresive. But then, I could be talking the difference in tubes here also. I never have done any tube swapping.

Back