Any audio clips anyone can share of rootsy sounding electric guitars recorded direct?

twangbuck

Trying to look at options for recording electric guitars direct, and I'm wondering if anyone can point me to links or post some audio clips. I'm open to anything, impulses and amp sims, Line 6/Tech 21 stuff, whatever.
Must sound rootsy, non processed (even if it really is) and, most importantly, life-like. Think Stones, Petty, Springsteen.
Any electric guitar is fine, but would prefer clips of teles or strats.
Got anything?

Trying to look at options for recording electric guitars direct, and I'm wondering if anyone can point me to links or post some audio clips. I'm open to anything, impulses and amp sims, Line 6/Tech 21 stuff, whatever.
Must sound rootsy, non processed (even if it really is) and, most importantly, life-like. Think Stones, Petty, Springsteen.
Any electric guitar is fine, but would prefer clips of teles or strats.
Got anything?

I'm assuming you want to go DI and use sims and whatnot because that's your only option...right?

That aside, if you really want that rootsy, non-processed old-school sound...then record it the old-school, rootsy way if at all possible.
You'll nail the vibe and the sound right away, instead of looking for way to process it into that zone.

Yeah, I do that already. But I can't do that at midnight when my 11 year old is asleep. And let's just say my weekends and evenings are already a tad bit full.

Then you'll just have to dial it in with DI and sims...which I think you'll probably be the best judge of what's hitting the mark for you. I guess start with some amp sims of the types of classic amps used back in the day...and if the sims are good, you probably won't need much in the way of additional processing.

These are some really good sims...but there's others too: S-Gear

Then you'll just have to dial it in with DI and sims...which I think you'll probably be the best judge of what's hitting the mark for you. I guess start with some amp sims of the types of classic amps used back in the day...and if the sims are good, you probably won't need much in the way of additional processing.

These are some really good sims...but there's others too: S-Gear

Now THOSE sound pretty darn good. Good meaning more life like then what I was getting with my free Amplitube samples. But what I want to know is what else was contributing to that sound? Were they running great IR's with them? Did the guitarist go direct by plugging into a really good preamp? What else would go into creating that sound beyond just buying S Gear and loading it onto my pc?

I made this using Boogex and my telecaster. https://soundcloud.com/user3809243/rainy-day-mood-music It was kind of just testing things out and I ended up digging the tone. Sometimes the stuff from GarageBand can work, what I have noticed is that some guitars sound good with modelers and others do not. My Tele sounds fine through one, but my Gretsch style pickup stuff doesn't convince anybody.

if you want stones, petty and springsteen sounds, it all starts with real amps, I haven't yet heard a convincing fender champ simulation.

Back