Another new guitar...

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I was in GC the other day while I was there I did see a lot of these models. They must have had 10 Ibanez archtops on the floor. I didn't try any of them though (I was looking for something different).

Is that a floating bridge or is it fixed?

BlindCowboy said:
Man, that damned Ibanez Artcore in Tennessee Orange with a cream pick-guard. I just kept looking at it, and playing it. My buddie's the store manager for the local GC, and sold me one for $260.00.

This is a fabulous guitar. Absolutely wonderful.

I wound up snagging an AM73 a week before Christmas. The fit and finish on every Artcore model I've played is excellent, and when the shop owner offered to sell at $275 and throw in a TRL hardshell case, I couldn't refuse.

Now you guys have got me thinking. I have a set of about '74 or '75 humbuckers that are just looking to be installed somewhere, in something.

I don't know about orange, but I've got a burgandy one and if yours plays as nicely as mine you should be in for a lot of playing pleasure. BTW, I've discovered some tonal ranges in mine that even sueprised me, it's a great guitar for jazz and blues. Enjoy it!!!

i just (last sunday) bought a sunburst AG75 from the Richmond GC, used (and in perfect shape), for $200.

i saw it sitting there, picked it up, fell in love with the tone and action (intonation's perfect!) and overall playability of the thing and had to have it. talked em down from $250 to $200 out the door......

put new strings on it, and it sounds great plugged into my assortment of crappy amps, and MAN it mates VERY nicely with my Countryman DI for recording direct (plugins thanks to Amplitube). gonna have to pick up a Vox Pathfinder 15R for this thing, i'm sure.

so.........i feel your joy man.....i feel your joy. :D

thrilled,
wade

Easto said:
Now you guys have got me thinking. I have a set of about '74 or '75 humbuckers that are just looking to be installed somewhere, in something.

Easto,

It's a nice guitar, at any price. I haven't been able to put it down all week. I'm impressed with the pickups that are currently in it. As said before, the fit and finish is alot better than expected, with no gunked up neck joint or unfinished fret work. After replacing the strings and checking the bridge, it is a full fit to the body and didn't require any modification. (I shaped sanded the bridge foot anyways, and it proved to not be needed. It was in complete contact with the body.)

I ran a mirror on the inside to get a visual on the purfling, and it's nicely done without excessive glue anywhere. The wiring is exceptional, and easily accessible. The neck is smooth and comfortable. I've had this in the house with changing conditions,(hot, cold, humid) and the damned thing has stayed in tune and rock solid. The tuners are nice and efficient. It is a factory guitar, that has been payed special attention to. It's worth it.

I actually have to go to GC this weekend and pickup a right angled cord so while I'm there I'll take a look at 'em if they have any.

I tried one at my local GC. It's a fine looking guitar. Unfortunately there were 85 fourteen year olds in the store showing off their chops, so I really didn't get to hear the guitar. But the workmanship looks excellent.

I tried a couple (not plugging into anything, just going for "feel") while in GC today. I have to say I preferred the AS73 model and I believe they were asking $299? I can't remember exactly but I have to agree that this series of guitars does seem to be a hell of a lot of bang for the buck. Hell, I can find $299 just in the folds of my couch! lol

Truly the Ibanez Artcores and the Epiphone dot are the best hollowbody electrics available for under 1000, and they cost no where near 1000.

Back