amps and guitars

halfwaydecent

i currently own 2 "jazz" guitars an epiphone alleycat and a jay turser "jazz" guitar and i love them both, i was thinking of owning 4 more guitars, ranging from this amazing "50s" (or maybe it was 60's cant rememebr at the moment) fender strat (i think it was mexi) and a 69 reissue fender tele and i dont know what else yet, i was thinking about a fender mustang and getting a seymore duncon invader pickup cut into it, and then obviously another 'gibson' style guitar but i hated the SG and onto amps, i ran them all through this crate halfstack the head was a gx900 and i really liked the distortion i was getting from it, um i guess i was wondering what everyone thought about this kind of set up for a rock guitarist (more punkish ranges from rush to green day to american hifi) and also what kinds of effects pedels are good (i dont want effects processors i just want buttons) i dont know as for "effects" a chorus, an "accoustic" simulator, a distortion, possibly a reverb and channel switch too. i dont know what do you guys think? (sorry about the bad grammer)
rob

Don't even think about putting a duncan invader in a fender mustang! Sounds like your going to have a nice setup-I'm pretty much a straight into the amp guy these days but I always liked the BOSS effects. Sounds like your about to spend a chunk of change ehh?? Do you already own the crate amp or are you thinking of buying it? You can't go wrong with a marshall jcm series. Man I wish I were you............

i will be getting the crate soon (like november), as for the guitars they are like "eventually" ill probably buy the tele or the strat soon i just havent gotten into the pedels much because of my style of music i just wanted to get a couple "cheap" ones to test them out, im gonna get a loan to pay for some music equipment (like 1500-2000) and in that budget fit the crate half stack and a couple of the guitars

The Big Muff is a good pedal for punk. The Tech21 Double Drive distortion pedal is amazing and it's one of the best pedals I've ever owned, very versatile. There are a lot of great distortion pedals....Marshall Guv'nor, Boss DS-1, Maxon OD808, Jekyl and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive, Pro Co Rat.

Chorus- I like the Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble because it can be more subtle than most other chorus pedals and it can also sound great at extreme settings. It's very lush sounding.

WHERE ARE YOU FINDING A 50S STRAT FOR UNDER 2 GRAND. DAMN THATS CHEAP. I WISH I KNEW.

no chance unless you have a time machine.

50's Stratocasters are nice but unless you know of someone selling one too you who aint hung up on prices dont even bother because you will be kicking tyres in vain.

I have 2 genuine 60's stratocasters today and while they are nice guitars and sound wonderfull to me

the late 50's copy i also own which is a dakota red fernandes
"The Revival" Stratocaster Copy is an absolute treat i run 54 customshop pickups in this it has a more dry glassy sound now and i dare anybody to pick the differences blind folded see all this hang up on early fenders is ok up to a point but sense must prevail here as well.

I bought my guitars at a time i knew crazy things were starting to happen with the prices of these guitars thats why i got them for the right money.

If i had to do it again today i might not bother considering the state of the market out there its madness and if you want to get something which is overpriced for not that much more bang for your buck go for it there are many dealers out there to sell you a guitar

last bit of advice Buyer beware not all of these guitars are what they seem ive spent along time looking at them all inside out and if i had the time i could write aenough stories here to fill a book

anyway enough raving from me good luck

Back