Amplitube?

vcfourthree

i have the iPhone 4s and was wondering if this is a good app? I am just starting out guitar for less than a year now, but am progressing and i think i can start recording. I have the yeti by blue mic, which one would be recommended?

It's ok, but I would recommend JamUp Pro - I have used both and find JamUp to be far superior and I believe it is cheaper as well. You will need some kind of interface for your guitar to plug in to (example: iRig). They both have a free version where you can try out some of the basic sounds and see which one works best for you. Good luck!

Only an idiot would try to record with a telephone and a usb mic.

1) lol @ godzilla

2) I completely disagree. Yeah, it's gonna sound mostly like dog shit, but it'll get the ideas down, which is a good start and an important step in the recording process. The iPhone/iRig/etc. is this generation's Fostex 4-track, except with a ridiculous amount of power and fun stuff. Yes, it's more "old school" to use a cassette, and yes, the quality of even the most modest of computer-based rigs will blow the living fuck out of the iPhone rig, but having a little studio in your pocket whenever and wherever you are is pretty damned handy.

To the OP: if all you're looking for is a handy portable audio sketch pad to get ideas down and start fiddling with the idea of recording, I say go for it! Just expect the audio quality to suck wretched ass, and don't let that get in the way of your creativity or enjoyment of recording :)

I completely disagree with your disagree.
Why would you waste time with the learning curve required to record guitar with your phone. :confused:
You would be far better off spending your time learning to use any computer based DAW.

Back