Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: amp recommendations for home recording

Thanks

amp recommendations for home recording

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have a small studio under my house where there is a drum kit and 30 watt bass amp. For guitars I don,t have an amp and have used either a V-amp /and or the amplitube plugin. Never really been happy with the guitar sound I have been getting so far. Can someone recommend a good all rounder amp in the 30-50watt range. Have looked so far at just peavey gear - studio 112 and the classic 30 tube amp, both sound pretty good. can anyone suggest/recomend a good all round amp for getting good rock/blues/clean sounds. Can anyone recomend other brands eg marshall valavestate or roland?/whatever
    cheers

Thanks

THE recording amp

Yo...I have been a blues/Hendrix guitarist for near 40 years, and I found that the Fender Cyber Champ amp is the ticket for recording. With 21 pre-sets (7 you can build & then save yourself) it can't be beat. It has a factory "Red House" setting that comes real close to the exact sound Hendrix was getting that day in the studio....and you can tweak it any way you like then save it to your 7 available amp settings "Players Lounge" bank...Lots of great clean amps too "65 Deluxe Reverb" etc. etc. I've been a Tube and analog purist for a long time...but this amp won me over....60 watts/1-12" spk...about $400.00 new!
    Have Fun!
    Holy Shit! Are those real?

Rev. Muddy

Thanks
    Ok thanks for that-will definitely track down one for a demo-sounds like the ticket.

any others suggestions??

Thanks
    For just recording, I'd suggest:

1) A small tube amp in the 5 to 15 watt range that you can really CRANK to get some power tube saturation.

2) Vox Pathfinder 15. This one's starting to get notice from some pro studios. I paid $99 US for mine and now the best price is $119 US. Best "budget amp" on the market today.
    Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
    The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.
    http://www.soundclick.com/jamesproject

Thanks
    Second the Vox Pathfinder. Really nice tone for a cheap 15 watt solid state amp (and plenty of ooomph too)
    Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital recording is a pretty neat idea.

Thanks
    I've heard good things about the Vox Pathfinder.

Also worth considering is the Gibson GA-5 Goldtone Les Paul Junior Combo (around $500), or another small Gibson amp.

Thanks
    i use a Pod Xt to great affect.......

also, don't forget the Fender Blues Jr......
    15 watts tube, still very loud.....

Probably the THD Univalve, would give the widest choices of tones and sounds, and is easy to control volume wise and has a lot of features.....

Thanks
    what about the Fender Princetone 65? I've heard it has good clean sound, and it's cheap. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks
    I used a Digitech RP50 Modeling Guitar Processor, run direct, to record the song in my signature line. Hey, it's kinda cheesy, but it's only $60 and it's got a great tuner.
    The fabulous Naiant Mics, perfect for acoustic instruments!

If you don't have DavidK's CD, you are a loser.

My tunes. Thanks!
    NB
    DA BEARS!

Thanks
    regarding the suggestions on the PoD and the digitech I have found that its really hard to get guitar tracks to sit nicely in a mix using the V-amp, which is similar to these. It can be done but I usually have to do a whole bunch of EQing and compressing and stuff which throws everything else out and then takes heaps of time to fix. On the oher hand when we recorded a mates 100 watt marshall valvestate the other day-was pretty much a case of put a sm57 in front and it was perfect-no eqing (or very little) was required-it was the best guitar recording I have done. Gots heaps of different sounds just by changing mic position .having said that I think the effects are pretty cool in amplitube and will probably still use it fo that. Also the behringer V-amp is pretty cool as a DI for bass on some of the settings if you muck around a bit.

I really also like the suggestion about a small 15 watt tube amp and cranking that up.

cheers

Thread Information