All of a sudden my A string keeps breakin'

GuitarDemon666

I just got my guitar set-up about two weeks ago. Everything seems cool, it plays nicer, etc.

But now my A string keeps breaking around the bridge. More than usual.

What could be causing this?

There could be a small 'burr' on the bridge where the string runs through the channel, or maybe the channel is not quite rounded enough where the string makes contact with it....hmmm...about all I can think of....

There could be a small 'burr' on the bridge where the string runs through the channel, or maybe the channel is not quite rounded enough where the string makes contact with it....hmmm...about all I can think of....

That would of been my first suggestion.

Ditto. Also, if you just had a setup done, it may have resulted in a steeper angle at the saddle. Take it back to your setup guy. Just about every repair guy I know, myself included, stand behind and will make good on their work. Very simple and quick fix 99.9% of the time.

Back