Adjusting pickup height

Mr. C

I bought an Xaviere tele copy and a GFS filtertron pickup for the neck. After switching out the pickguard and some routing for the filtertron I put it back together with a different pickup for the bridge also. I thought the pickups looked a little high so tried to adjust them, but as I do this the adjustment screw on the neck pickup is sitting up higher off the pickguard. Also as tried to adjust the bridge pickup the screws feel looser and the pickup moves around a bit. I've put together a guitar before so this is just frustrating as right now everything in the house seems to be giving me trouble (except my wife!). Any ideas what the problem is?

The neck pickup screw might be pushing against the wire. You'll just have to take it apart again and look. For loose screws try some teflon tape.

Are you sure you routed the hole deep enough where the adjustment screw is? Remember that the cavity has to be bigger than just the pickup itself. I've been thinking about routing out a tele for a neck humbucker myself, but I think I'll have a woodworker friend do it for me. He's a guitar player too, so I trust him.

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night that maybe the screw is pushing against the bottom of the rout in the neck pickup. For the bridge I don't understand because I just switched the pickups out. I guess I'll have to mess around with it. Just frustrating when the snowblower doesn't work, the washer doesn't drain all the water, the turntable isn't working right, and ...

I'm trying to find a place where I can get a new belt put on my old Marantz. I think something's rusted on my electric snowblower bucause the impeller doesn't want to turn, an I just spent a reall long time bailing out a 35 year old washer. Too old to fix, so i gotta go look for a new one.

I'm trying to find a place where I can get a new belt put on my old Marantz.

MARANTZ turntable belt,MARANTZ turntable belts,MARANTZ record player belt,MARANTZ record player belts,MARANTZ phonograph belt,MARANTZ phonograph belts,MARANTZ phono belt,MARANTZ phono belts

[video]http://archive.org/details/Turntable_Belt_Installation[/video]

I think something's rusted on my electric snowblower bucause the impeller doesn't want to turn,

My snowblower is a shovel.

an I just spent a reall long time bailing out a 35 year old washer. Too old to fix, so i gotta go look for a new one.

Wow! I doubt that you could even find a new pump for a washer that old.

I'll take heat, humidity, and an accasional hurricane any day over having to have equipment to blow snow away from my house and yard. You northern people be crazy.

The worst part of it Greg is that last week we really got dumped on, probably a foot and a half to two feet over a couple of days and the stupid snow blower wouldn't start. I had a small one also used for small amounts of snow and that kept conking out on me. Right now this is my life. If something runs on electricity or gas it will break down on me. (Just remembered a week ago our TV blew, luckily had a spare!)

notCardio, that's why I bought a direct drive turntable. Didn't want to have to deal with a belt, and my old turntable was direct drive. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of that, stupid! Picked up a Technics on fleabay. Wish I would have been more patient because you can find them at thrift stores if you can wait. Marantz is a good brand though.

Back