ADA MP1 and MESA/BOOGIE Dual Rectifer question

discordJF

I own a mesa/boogie dual rectifier tube head, and I recently just bought the ada mp1 rackmount pre amp. I was wondering, since I don't own a power amp, is there any way that I can use the mp1 as my preamp and the rectifier as the power amp. I want to use the rectifier as a source of power only, not to mix with the mp1's tone. I tried running the mp1 throught the rectifier's effects loop and it didn't sound very good.

Hmm.. well first off, why did you buy a mesa boogie if your not gonna use it? people kill for that tone... u paid about 800$ too much when u could have gotten a power amp cheap. next, if you only wanna use the power amp of the boogie, just go through the effects in on the loop.. thats about all you can do.

I was thinking the same as electric acid. I was even thinking that you are joking and just trying to get a reaction out of us. I mean if your serious, then I think I've heard just about enough at this bbs.......

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of my Rectifier. I just bought the ADA for a steal of a price, and I don't own a power amp so I have nothing else to run it throught except the Rectifer. Thanks for all the help.

Back