Thread: ADA MP1 and MESA/BOOGIE Dual Rectifer question

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    I own a mesa/boogie dual rectifier tube head, and I recently just bought the ada mp1 rackmount pre amp. I was wondering, since I don't own a power amp, is there any way that I can use the mp1 as my preamp and the rectifier as the power amp. I want to use the rectifier as a source of power only, not to mix with the mp1's tone. I tried running the mp1 throught the rectifier's effects loop and it didn't sound very good.

Thanks

Wink

Hmm.. well first off, why did you buy a mesa boogie if your not gonna use it? people kill for that tone... u paid about 800$ too much when u could have gotten a power amp cheap. next, if you only wanna use the power amp of the boogie, just go through the effects in on the loop.. thats about all you can do.

Thanks

Cool

I was thinking the same as electric acid. I was even thinking that you are joking and just trying to get a reaction out of us. I mean if your serious, then I think I've heard just about enough at this bbs.......

Thanks

Wink

Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of my Rectifier. I just bought the ADA for a steal of a price, and I don't own a power amp so I have nothing else to run it throught except the Rectifer. Thanks for all the help.

Thread Information