Which acoustic do you like?

It's hard to say which I like, because it depends on context; how the guitars will be used and what role they have to play.

The first is the brashest, the second is the dullest, and, without knowing anything else, I would lean towards the third.

#1 was way too thin sounding. There was no sense of the body of the guitar.

#2 was the most realistic sound, but doesn't have much air on the top. It would probably work well with a vocal accompaniment.

#3 seemed to lack mids and had a somewhat harsh top end.

If those were the choices, I would probably start with 2. It depends of course on what else is going with it. #3 might work if there are other things in that midrange space. I would most likely roll down some of the top end.

Impossible to tell. How are you recording these? Were all 3 recorded with identical mic placement? Every guitar requires tweaking mic position. I heard a lot of room sound in the first sample.

I'm partial to brighter acoustics, but my order is : 2 - 1 - 3

3 sounds a little dull, as if the action is too high or the strings are old. Or both.

I listened on my S7 Edge phone's speaker, then my PC via audio interface and open back phones.

It's hard to say which I like, because it depends on context; how the guitars will be used and what role they have to play.

The first is the brashest, the second is the dullest, and, without knowing anything else, I would lean towards the third.

Ah
Good point
The way Id use them is simply an acoustic setting, just me singing with a guitar. Primarily classic type country music, some americana, maybe a little ryan adams, chris cornell and nirvana too.

I'm partial to brighter acoustics, but my order is : 2 - 1 - 3

3 sounds a little dull, as if the action is too high or the strings are old. Or both.

I listened on my S7 Edge phone's speaker, then my PC via audio interface and open back phones.

Wow.
Thanks for going the extra mile!

You're spot on with the 3rd. Strings are old. Thats amazing you have that ear.

---------- Update ----------

Impossible to tell. How are you recording these? Were all 3 recorded with identical mic placement? Every guitar requires tweaking mic position. I heard a lot of room sound in the first sample.

Very amatuerish setup -
I just sat my cell phone down about 4 feet away. Hit record, strummed 1, hit stop. Got up and got the next guitar, sat back down in the same spot, hit record, strummed, hit stop.

Unless you plan on recording the guitar part of your song that same way, this test is meaningless.

Good point.

There are 2 acoustic guitars (not here) that Im pretty sure are recording go to's, but they're also based on what my ear likes, so if I do a similar test on those to get input from others I'll def have your advice in mind.

These 3 guitars are primarily for just acoustic playing, maybe passing around a circle. I knew which one my ear likes but thought itd be interesting to see what others thought. Hopefully ppl can still get an idea despite my quick and sloppy method of rec.
Maybe ought to take the time to set up properly and eliminate variables on these anyways and redo it.

I'm curious about what the guitars were.

The first almost like one of the small guitars, or maybe a lower end import. Not much body to it, for me.
The second one sounded like a dreadnought. Lot of low end body.
The third sounded somewhat like an OM size, or maybe a OO type.

Okay, so the guitars were:

1) Fender Buck Owens acoustic (3rd version)

2) Sigma JM-SG45+ (a/e)

3) Martin DX1AE (a/e)

Back