90-100 Watt Guitar Combo/Amp for under $300!?!

I wouldn't worry so much about watts for what you want tio spend. Eitgher wait for a deal - I've picked up a fender twin for $200 - -Or save a bit more.

Lorddiagram says it all. Don't be concerned with Watts. I've tested out Trace Elliot amps rated at 50W, and some at 15W/side stereo that blow away any of the marshall offerings. In a that price range, around $ 450 USD.

I've got a Dean Markley K-50, i think that its a 35 watt, it has an open back and sounds flat unless your standing behind or next to it. I just want more power and a fuller sound, it doesnt need to have a tube amp. But I love the Fenders sound. What would you recommend?

Sounds like a trip to the pawn shop is in your future.

Should be able to find (after some searching) a Fender re-issue bassman, or a blues deville type of thing - or a MusicMan something or other, or an Ampeg ReverbeRocket (you'll need to mic it up)
They will have it marked up over the price you want to pay - show 'em the cash and tell them it's all you've got.

Good Luck,

foo

The Fender Princeton Chorus (51 watts) shouldn't be too hard to find for under $300 used. You might even find the Fender Ultimate (130) Chorus for arond $300-400 used. Roland JC 120 used might come in around $400. All are great amps. The Princeton is 2 x 10 while the others are 2 x 12. I have Peavey Bandit 112 transtube that I don't use anymore that I would let go of for $275 plus shipping and handling. It isn't a bad band amp, I just record so much with my POD that I don't turn this thing on too often.

Peace, Jim

I much rather prefer smaller wattage in amps anyway. They are overdriven at more bearable volumes and allow you to get a cranked sound a little quiter. If your micing the amp for your PA or recording it doesnt matter how loud it can go anyway.

After trieing them both out I went with a fendre delux reverb instead of the twin. You can get that sweat cranked overdriven feedbacky thing at a much more reasonable volume at 22Ws instead of 90Ws.

I dont care how it works for recording, I plan on using a SansAmp GT2 for amp emulation anyway's. Its just that my amp sounds so small and weak compared to my bass amp. I want a bigger, louder sound. If I ever had to play live with this little amp it just wont cut it.

Back