$500 Multi Effects Pedal Suggestions

Flei

I've been playing my guitar through an FX application on my PC. After an initial learning curve, I've got it sounding good but...

I'm looking into getting a mutli-effects pedal. Are there any good ones that you've used that offer a good bang for the buck? I'd like to keep the purchase under $500 if possible.

Also, I make all kinds of music - metal, rock, hip hop, dubstep, R&B, etc.. so I need a wide variety of sounds.

Thank you for your feedback.:guitar:

It really comes down to what you like. I have a Line 6 POD XTLive, a DigiTech RP-1000 and a Vox Tonelab ST (among others). They all have their use but it really comes down to what works for you. Good tones can be had, but you eventually put in a lot of work/time to get it. I was never really happy with the Line 6, The Vox is probably the better of them and I use it when I am brainstorming ideas for new project. The RP-1000 I used for years but was never really happy with it. And since I'm gigging a lot more now, I don't use the RP-1000 and I switched a couple of pedals and a tube amp in it's place.

elaborate

Check Boss GT10.
All the previous boss models are built into this one.

I'm going to get it soon.

:guitar:

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd spend the $500 on 5-10 separate pedals/processors from the used store, But I get that you need lots of variety. Don't get a Line 6 unless you absolutely have to.

My vote would be for the Boss GT-10, too but I have an old Roland GP-8 with the foot board and this thing has been great all these years. I have a variety of stompboxes but I still use the GP-8 because it is so versatile and reliable and I can program my favorite sounds into it and get them at the touch of a pedal. I know that you can pick these up through a variety of sources, pawn shops and second hand music stores for cheap. I have looked on line for opinions and just about everyone who has one says good things about it and although they have other effects to use, they still use their old GP-8 as well.

The GT-10 is more portable and has a bulletproof reputation.

Play on

I bought a GP8 when it first came out - cost me 1500 including a 450 pedalboard. I love it. I saw a Boss GT100 at Long and McQuade and found the programming very easy to understand. At 400 I thought it was a bargain.

the GT-100 has been out for a year and supercedes the GT-10. I find it much better and MUCH easier to use....but it's $549 new at most places. I'd favor it over the HD-500 from Line6, etc.

If you like effects, the Boss unit in my opinion is best. Then there's the debate on which has the best "amp sounds".

I think the thing cranks and would have loved one years ago.

I bought a GP8 when it first came out - cost me 1500 including a 450 pedalboard. I love it. I saw a Boss GT100 at Long and McQuade and found the programming very easy to understand. At 400 I thought it was a bargain.

Do you still have it? I bought mine new when they came out, with the pedal board and I still use it. I also bought mine at L&M but I forget what I paid for it. I built a carry case for it that I can store the board and cords in and it makes it easy for moving and set up. I never had the heart to sell it even after getting stomp boxes and a pedal board. The only problem I have with the GP-8 is it is harder to change the settings on the fly. That's why the stomp boxes. The GP-8 can sound really good in one room and really lousy in another.

Back