Zoom R8 Problem

gman4691

I recently purchased a Zoom R8. Every once in awhile when recording, a continuous beep shows up and everything just shuts down. The only fix I've found is to completely disconnect it from power (either AC adapter or via phantom power). When plugged back in, it works just fine again but none of the recorded work is there. Does anyone else have this issue? It doesn't happen every time but it is frequent enough to be a major pain in the butt.

Additionally, I keep having to re-format my SD card because the "File Access Denied" message will just come up out of the blue. The SD card is a cheap one purchased at a dollar store. What would be the best SD card to use with this unit...that is one that doesn't run into this problem as frequently.

I've spent 2 hours with this thing this morning and between me messing up while playing and the issues listed above, I still have nothing.

I'm no expert on the Zoom R8.....but it sure sounds like you're SD card is the problem. It seems like it's hitting it's recording capacity and shutting everything down when that happens. Get a GOOD SD card. The user manual must have some recommendations. If not......buy a brand name card.

Hey,

So I wanna revive this topic because im experiencing a problem with my Zoom R8 at the moment as well.
Not the same problem, so please forgive me if needed to create a new topic instead.

So this afternoon I wanted to start my zoom to record something, but after the regular R8 sign with the software version below it it goes briefly
to the last opened project and then returns to a blank orange screen. I don't use a battery, im using the adapter. It can't be the power cable because the zoom does receive power. The orange screen stays like that until you turn it off, the same cycle will happen when I turn it back on.
Im hoping for an answer that might save the thing...

Greetings Dean

I can add to the problems but can't solve either of the above sorry.

My problem is I have a project that, when I went to listen to it an hour after I'd recorded three tracks, there is no sound! The signal bars are there, the individual track files are there and can be heard when I listen via my PC but as a project, no sound. Very weird. Anyone else run into this problem?

Back