Zoom H4 and Cubase

Stan Milgram

I just got a Zoom H4 recorder which is bundled with Cubase. I'm having some trouble using the H4 as a computer interface and was wondering if any of you were familiar with this... Cubase is up and running, I've got the H4 connected to the PC (and the H4 is working), but I'm getting no reading from the levels on Cubase. I can hear myself through the mic with headphones connected to the H4, but no signal in Cubase. I've been trying to get tthis to work for hours now- read both of the manuals, but can't figure it out. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hmmm... I'd think that cubase needs to be told somewhere what to listen, a soundcard/mic, or an USB port. Educated guess would be that cubase isn't listening USB ports as a default.
Can't help you more accurately, sorry, I always record with H4 and simply connect to PC.

Hmmm... I'd think that cubase needs to be told somewhere what to listen, a soundcard/mic, or an USB port. Educated guess would be that cubase isn't listening USB ports as a default.
Can't help you more accurately, sorry, I always record with H4 and simply connect to PC.

Thanks. That sounds right. If anyone has any ideas about how to configure this, please let me know.

Back