zoom drum machine

dmbfan1981

hey guys, I posted this in the midi section but noone responded. I didnt know how to delete the old one, so hopefully noone will slam me for posting in two different sections with the same post....here it is..

Zoom MRT3 .......Anyone familiar with this model??

I noticed that this unit has a midi input but no midi throughput. Is this used merely for creating a drum loop using a midi controller and the drum machine, or can you use the zoom kinda like a midi synth or whatever you would call it. Basically can I plug into the midi and then route the zoom's 1/4" to my interface and then play the soundbanks stored on the zoom?? Thanks guys.

it was a joke. I really just wanted to bump it to the top so maybe someone who DOES use their products, will see it. thanks.

thanks. do you own the RT123? if so, are you happy with it? I would consider other drum machines but need something that sounds pretty decent for rock music. I want to be able to play the loop and then just use the midi to add fills and accents and have it all sounds exactly the same and be from the same set of sounds.

I have heard the MRT3 before and know that the sounds are of good quality and that is the only drum machine that I have heard before. Hence why I was originally going to go with that one. I would prefer to keep it around 100 bucks though even if its used from ebay. any recommendations?

Th idea behind the MRT3's midi in is multi purpose.
Originaly the MRT3 was to be the companion to the MRS-4 digital recorder which has a MIDI out only.
Get the idea? The MRS was the master and the MRT was the slave.
THE MRS sends a MIDI signal to sync them together.

Hence why the MRT only has a midi in.

Its used for these reasons:
Sync input from a recorder or sequencer
Input for notes from a program for sequencing.
Input from a trgger pad unit.
ECT ECT.

But dont let anyone slam the Zoom stuff or make you feel bad,
Zoom is making some killer stuff now.
I have owned(Upgraded to their bigger stuff) and own alot of thier products.

-Blaze

i own the 123 and for what i paid for it new it's by far the most versital click track you'll ever purchase.

Back