Yamaha Pacifica 102 and 311MS

musicfest

Hi, Just wanted to know if there's anyone out there who is using a Yamy Pacific or the 311 Mike Stern Model (telecaster). I'm currently paying off Vintage Blonde 311MS and I'm interested to hear from other players what they think of this guitar. All I've heard so far about these two guitars, is value for money, value for money and more value for money.... I'm interested what upgrades can be done to these guitars to make them sound better. I noticed that they are made out of (body) alder, (which I read was the same as Fenders), would the price difference be with the name, the pickups, the neck, tuning heads? I also found out that there are a few 102's floating around with minor problems that you can pick up extra cheap (around $AU 300 - umm about $150-200USD I think). If anyone knows anything about these guitars, particularly the 311 Mike Stern Model, could you please reply to this message!! Thanks

I've played the Pacific 102 and 302 before and these are good tele style guitars. The only complain I have is that the stock pickups which were kinda weak. But overall the playability and neck is excellent. Changed the pickups and you'll have a guitar twice the worth of its price.

Back