Wireless studio communication with performer

mjanek30

Hi,

I own a home recording studio with a small record room where I mostly record vocals (sometimes instruments). In the room I have a recording console, studio monitors, PC, displays and so on. During recording session I leave the performer inside the room, shut the door as the room is sound proofed and lead the recording session from my Macbook elsewhere. My question, is there an equipement I could use to have a 2 way communication with the performer? I've managed to establish a one way communication with Soundflower (WiFi sound trasport) trick so I can listen to all the performer is doing but I don't have the slightest idea on how to enable 2 way communication so the performer can hear me. I tend to shout now :/ I've tried blutooth headphones (huge latency problems), use Soundflower 2 way (not possible).

Perfect situation for me would be to have decent quality headphones with a boom mike on one end. On the other end a transmitter with input and output so I can connect it to my sound interface and route the signals there. I've looked everywhere for such a thing. Or maybe somebody has a better idea ... I'm very close to leading wires here ... :(

Can somebody help me please? I would greatly appreciate.

Back