White noise with YSM1p !?

chigbl

Dedicated Member
I have bought a used pair of YSM1p a few weeks ago and lately noticed that the monitors start to emit white noise after a while. If find this very annoying; it is as loud as a PC's fan. It goes away when I turn the amp off and back on.

There is an input trim control on these amps that goes from -6 to 9 dB but it does not seem to do anything to prevent this from happening.

Anybody with experience on YSM1p here?

Looks like you got screwed mate, mine don't do anything of the sort. Try messing around with the output limiter and EQ switches, I doubt it will do anything but there may be a faulty circuit under a particular condition.

As I wrote in another thread, I got a new pair last weekend. The whole story is that I was supposed to get them new in the first place but for a reason still unknow to me, the music store send me a pair of demo. They were not looking like "well cared for" and they had this very annoying white noise problem. Plus they were also emitting a loud "thump" when switched off.

It took them 2 months to get a replacement but I am now very happy with the result.

Nobody should hear this noise. Very annoying. I would even say that it made them unusable.

The last time I spoke to the music store owner over the phone, he told me that 1 out of 4 pairs had this problem. He also added that he would test my new monitors for that and added that there was a jumper to remove when this happen. I was happy to see he did not open the carton when I picked them up. I think this is BS. Yorkville would not sell many with 25% having this problem.

Back