where to buy bulk cable and connectors?

JTC111

I'd like to save a little money on cables so a question to those of you who are making your own audio cables... where can i get the best deal on:
mogami 2549 (or something as good)
mogami snake cable(or something as good)
and neutrik connectors (or something as good)

If there are cheaper alternatives to any of these that don't sacrifice quality, I'd like to hear about those too.

My wallet thanks you!

I like Markertek but I hear good things about Redco as well. I've never had a problem with Markertek. They ship fast...if my order is entered on Monday its usually on my doorstep by Wednesday. The one time I did have a billing problem a guy from Markertek called me to get it all straightened out.

I like Markertek but I hear good things about Redco as well. I've never had a problem with Markertek. They ship fast...if my order is entered on Monday its usually on my doorstep by Wednesday. The one time I did have a billing problem a guy from Markertek called me to get it all straightened out.

Seconded on Markertek. They're great folks AFAICT.

Markertek is a pretty good source for stuff like this. Redco is also nice, but a little on the spendy side. If you want, PM me exactly what you want and I can get you a quote:)

I noticed that Markertek sells solderless XLR connectors. Has anyone tried these? Any thoughts?

i wouldn't trust solderless connectors myself... YMMV...

My thinking was that they'd be reuseable but I did some research on them and they're not. To hold the wires in place requires crimping which means not only aren't they reuseable, but they're unrepairable too.

Back