what's the best interface? (bang for your buck)

i dont know

i know this is a matter of opinion, so i wanted a wide variety of choices, opinions, and just to see if there really is a "best interface".
i am preferring firewire interfaces...

and also, i saw something about needing a DAW (i have no idea what that is) for interfaces?

thanks.

from one newbie to another

Hi, I think DAW is Digital Audio Workstation which probably refers to a computer and software.

As far as interfaces go I was given a Lexicon Omega and it's been less than great :mad:

So make of that what you will :)

yes DAW is digital audio workstation and interface wise you gotta be more specific
what price range are you looking for?
how many tracks do you want to record simultaneously?

yes DAW is digital audio workstation and interface wise you gotta be more specific
what price range are you looking for?
how many tracks do you want to record simultaneously?

Yes, more specificity would be good. For instance, I think the Lynx Aurora line is great bang for the buck, but you may not be looking at cards and converters in that price category or with that many inputs and outputs(minimally $1800 for converter with 8 ins and outs, and $600 for the AES card).

hey there, the M-Audio Delta 1010 i've got for sale over in the "free ads for used crap" section has major bang for the buck written all over it. (self-gratuitous pimping, i know) :D

seriously, for 8 ins and 8 outs (plus midi) for under $300, it's hard to beat it. and the device drivers are rock solid with windows xp, too.

it's not a Lynx or Rosetta by any means, though. and at 1/6 the price i wouldn't expect it to be.

cheers,
wade

aye, im looking for atleast 8 channels/inputs, basically a good example would be the firewire presonus firepod 10. 300 to 500 dollars. is my price range.

Back