what do you use?

mattadams

what kind of effects pedals do you use the most?

[This message has been edited by mattadams (edited 07-17-1999).]

My guitar effects chain runs through a Digitech Whammy/Wah - ProCo Rat distortion - Dunlop Tremolo - Boss DD5 (digital delay). I also use the stereo chorus on my Fender Princeton Chorus amp. I don't run any of my other effects in stereo, although I could do so with either the Boss or Dunlop. I might consider trying out stereo if I were to get a second recording mic, but there just really isn't any point to it right now in my small bedroom. For recording, I use a Fostex DMT-8vl and a Shure SM57. If there's anything else you'd like to know about my effects (how I use them to get sounds, or in recording), just ask. I'm happy to talk.

I use a Big Muff into a Vibro-Thang into a Dan-Echo into a Cool Cat into a Comp/Sustainer into a Vox amp miked with a SM57. This line gives me all the noise I could ever want.

[This message has been edited by Matt (edited 07-06-1999).]

For guitar I use a Digitech Delay (400ms barely audible), Boss Delay (400ms normal level, used sparingly), Boss Chorus, all run through the effects loop of the amp (best way to keep the delay level low), and Reverb from amp footswitch (also used sparingly).

For vocals I use a DOD TR3M delay/chorus/distortion pedal (just a plastic toy, really, but the chorus is thick) for occasional delay and chorus, and RNC compressor.

I like the built-in chorus on the bass player's amp, and I've gotten some interesting heavy sound from a Boss Octaver used on bass, but the bass player prefers a simple, dry sound. So be it.

Back