What do you recommend?

notredamer0789

Nashville Rocker
FOR THE MONEY!... what do you guys recommend.... I am trying to record drums with atleast 8 mics and my 002 rack only has 4 xlrs. the other 4 1/4 inputs don't preamps. What should I do to utilze all 8 inputs on my 002 rack OR what should i buy that can interface with my 002 rack for cheap (well reasonable)? Thanks guys!:D

Good deal, thats what i was thinking is to get a nice preamp. I was actually looking at the Bluetube from presonus. Is this a good choice? AND what about that m-audio? Does anyone know of a good preamp that has 4 xlr preamps rather than two.. good for the money that is. BTW the "money" is about 300USD lol Thanks guys for your help :D

Good deal, thats what i was thinking is to get a nice preamp. I was actually looking at the Bluetube from presonus. Is this a good choice? AND what about that m-audio? Does anyone know of a good preamp that has 4 xlr preamps rather than two.. good for the money that is. BTW the "money" is about 300USD lol Thanks guys for your help :D

I'd recommend the DMP3 over the Bluetube. At that price point I think you would be hard pressed to do better than 2 x DMP3s. Next step up for 4 pres would probably be a Sytek, but those are @$750 used.

you could also look for a used onyx 1220 mixer or a used soundcraft spirit m4 or m8 mixer. both can be found in that price range and have at least 4 good pres + eq's (the m8 has 8 pres) with direct outs (with the onyx you'd have to use the insert outs).

you could also look for a used onyx 1220 mixer or a used soundcraft spirit m4 or m8 mixer. both can be found in that price range and have at least 4 good pres + eq's (the m8 has 8 pres) with direct outs (with the onyx you'd have to use the insert outs).

Good advice. I always forget about the cheap mixer alternative if you want a bunch of pres.

I would just save up and buy a couple of decent two channel preamps. Maybe get two different ones just for variety.

so thats a no on the bluetube? Just curious but why? I have seen good reviews and though the output isn't as loud as the m-audio... it has tubes... you usually cant get that for 200 bucks.

i hear ya loud and clear lol.. well I am looking into the dmp3 right now. OH and about those spirit m4s... are they digital? and do they work just like a preamp? Thanks

the spirit mixers and onyx 1220's are (obviously mixers). they have preamp channels, line channels, and a summing buss. you can use the preamp channels on those particular units just like you would the other preamps you're talking about. they also have very good eq sections for the money. the spirit mixers are analog in their signal path, but have some digital capacities-- in particular a built-in analog to digital converter that allows you to send a digital stereo mix out via s/pdif, but that probably won't be helpful to you for what you're thinking of (just don't use it). you would just run mics into the preamp channels and then cables out from the "direct out" outputs on each channel. the onyx 1220 would work similarly, but you would just run a ts cable from the "insert" jack of the mixer.

so thats a no on the bluetube? Just curious but why? I have seen good reviews and though the output isn't as loud as the m-audio... it has tubes... you usually cant get that for 200 bucks.

where did you see your reviews....in some magazine where they were paid to say something good????

listen to these guys here man...I dont purchase ANYTHING without comming here first....no one here is paid to tell you how good or bad something is....you will only hear what these guys have experianced for themselves....

now sometimes you might have to weed out the responses of those who say how great gear A is when thats all they have ever used..... :p

Back