What do I do??

HLC

I am almost ready to buy my tascam 414 but I find a add for a local music gear shop that has factory reconditioned Tascam 424mkII for 299.99 bucks. Do I buy the brand new 414 or go for the reconditioned 424???

~eriC

I just bought a used 424 and love it. I think you should look at what you plan on doing with the unit and buy the unit that fits your needs. I know it is hard to decide when you don't really know what the different units offer. I went to the Tascam site and this site and printed all the information, reviews, and specs. I think you will not "out-grow" the MKII as quick as you would the other. But the unit is alot bigger and less portable. Hope this helps. I would also check the warranty of the "Factory Rebuilt".

It's too late now. I went and bought the reconditioned 424. I think we will be pretty happywith it. The warranty is six months parts and a year labor but the store doubles themanufactures warranty. That seems pretty cool. 299.99 wasn't too shabby for a price either...well at least i think so.

~eriC

Back