Voltage of Yorkville YSM1p

yipchunyu

hi guys,
I am planning to buy this monitor since i read lots of good reviews from the web.
Since i'm living in hong kong and there are no distributer here. The only way to get it is through the ordering from the web. Just want to know that what is the voltage use in this active speaker?

My place is 220v and want to make sure it works here before i order it.

any info is appreciated.

Yu

Yo Yu: [kind of a nice salutation phrase]

I'm sure you will enjoy your Yorkvilles. However, being in Hong Kong, the Mecca of Electronics, I would think you might have some very GOOD monitor choices right there -- no shipping, and a local vendor to service the gear?

Don't know; maybe I'm wrong. But, besides a lot of gambling in Hong Kong, I thought "electronics" would be in superior supply.

Ahh, well, "Hello" from Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Green Hornet:D :cool: :cool: :p

Hong Kong is the monitor capital. They have stores that look like warehouses. 40 foot ceilings with speakers top to bottom.

I'm pretty sure Yorkville has recently come up with a 220V version of them, but from what I know it might only be available in australia.

Hi yipchunyu!
I wanted to buy YSM1p as well,but finally gave up.I live in hk too.
The nearest dealer is Shanghai,China.
it's around US$500 included shipping.hope it helps!
about the voltage,isn't it switchable or automatic?I forgot.
Im planning to buy Event TR-6,it's easier to get here!

Living here in New Zealand, using ysm1p's on 240v. I'll try to check them for whether they're voltage switchable or a seperate model in the next couple of days (am in the middle of 24hr shift, so don't expect and answer too quickly!).

Steve

Just looked on the back of mine. There are no external switches for voltage, and there is "~230v" screen printed onto the back of the monitor. So I'm guessing the 220-240v version is a different model than the 110v.

Steve

Hi guys, thx all your advice.

SteveMcB:
How much does it cost in New Zealand? Do u compared it with Behringer's B2031A. Which one do u like more?

anywhither:
are u sure that we can get it from Shanghai with only US$500 ? I mailed the sales rep. and he told me that US$500 is only for the monitor and it need extra shipping cost for several hundreds (US).

Have u listen to the Event TR-6? How much does it cost and how well does it compare to Behringer's one?

Really want to share with u.

I paid NZ $1300 for them, which when I bought was around $600 US. About a year and a half ago. I couldn't compare them to the Behringers as no-one here carried them at the time. And behringer prices here are incredibly high as Behringer don't run their own distributor here, which means there's another layer of middle-men to pay. At the time I bought the yorkvilles, I could have flown to Australia and bought the Behringers for about the same price as the Yorkvilles, which was still around $200US cheaper than ordering them in from a local retailer!

I did try a number of other monitors (though not side-by-side) to compare. THe only ones I thought were better were the Mackie HR824's (triple the price) and some Genelecs (even more than triple the price). I liked less than the yorkvilles all the Yamaha MSP series, Event ?TR6 and TR8 and tria, Tannoy Reveals, and others I can't recall.

Steve

SteveMcB said:
I paid NZ $1300 for them, which when I bought was around $600 US. About a year and a half ago. I couldn't compare them to the Behringers as no-one here carried them at the time. And behringer prices here are incredibly high as Behringer don't run their own distributor here, which means there's another layer of middle-men to pay. At the time I bought the yorkvilles, I could have flown to Australia and bought the Behringers for about the same price as the Yorkvilles, which was still around $200US cheaper than ordering them in from a local retailer!

I did try a number of other monitors (though not side-by-side) to compare. THe only ones I thought were better were the Mackie HR824's (triple the price) and some Genelecs (even more than triple the price). I liked less than the yorkvilles all the Yamaha MSP series, Event ?TR6 and TR8 and tria, Tannoy Reveals, and others I can't recall.

Steve

Steve, thx for your info. Yes, i read lots of reviews from the web and all are recommend Yorkvilles (so i want it so much). BTW, any tips of setting up the Yorkvilles can u recommend?

Not really any tips, sorry. My monitoring environment is not optimal at all, but it's a room in a rented house, so I can't really treat it. There are frequency trim controls on the back of the monitor that are useful for taming the bass if bass resonance is a problem (and it may well be, 'cause they go pretty low for their size).

Steve

I don't remember clearly,it should be US$500 included shipping I asked them last time.
maybe they increase the price,I don't know

I haven't tried TR-6 yet,the review isn't bad and of course you can get TR-8 for more bass.
my room is small,so I decide to get TR-6 .the price is around HK$3500.
and something is a must!YSM1p is highly recommended here!;)

I know It's difficult to find gear in hk.
but somtimes you order thing on net included shipping,the price is almost same as you buy in hk.try to find it out!

Back