Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Voltage of Yorkville YSM1p

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Originally posted by SteveMcB
    I paid NZ $1300 for them, which when I bought was around $600 US. About a year and a half ago. I couldn't compare them to the Behringers as no-one here carried them at the time. And behringer prices here are incredibly high as Behringer don't run their own distributor here, which means there's another layer of middle-men to pay. At the time I bought the yorkvilles, I could have flown to Australia and bought the Behringers for about the same price as the Yorkvilles, which was still around $200US cheaper than ordering them in from a local retailer!

I did try a number of other monitors (though not side-by-side) to compare. THe only ones I thought were better were the Mackie HR824's (triple the price) and some Genelecs (even more than triple the price). I liked less than the yorkvilles all the Yamaha MSP series, Event ?TR6 and TR8 and tria, Tannoy Reveals, and others I can't recall.

Steve
    Steve, thx for your info. Yes, i read lots of reviews from the web and all are recommend Yorkvilles (so i want it so much). BTW, any tips of setting up the Yorkvilles can u recommend?

Thanks
    Not really any tips, sorry. My monitoring environment is not optimal at all, but it's a room in a rented house, so I can't really treat it. There are frequency trim controls on the back of the monitor that are useful for taming the bass if bass resonance is a problem (and it may well be, 'cause they go pretty low for their size).

Steve

Thanks
    I don't remember clearly,it should be US$500 included shipping I asked them last time.
    maybe they increase the price,I don't know

I haven't tried TR-6 yet,the review isn't bad and of course you can get TR-8 for more bass.
    my room is small,so I decide to get TR-6 .the price is around HK$3500.
    and something is a must!YSM1p is highly recommended here!

I know It's difficult to find gear in hk.
    but somtimes you order thing on net included shipping,the price is almost same as you buy in hk.try to find it out!

Thread Information