Using the MINIFBQ FBQ800 EQ with the UMC404HD Interface

TobyAnderson

Hey,

I am looking to purchase a pair of Rokit 5 monitors along with the Behringer UMC404HD Interface. I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD598's as my daily headphones (that I don't use for producing, just music listening, movies & gaming). The Sennheisers are a bit lacking in the low end which is one reason why I would like a hardware EQ as I'm fedup of using software EQ. I would also like to be able to EQ the Rokits as I will be using them as my all around speakers, not just for producing and I have also read that they are a bit bass heavy when producing as they aren't truly flat (this isn't that big of a deal for me as I'm fairly novice but it would be a nice thing to be able to do).

What I am wondering is where in my setup I would connect the EQ. The EQ has stereo connections on the back. Can I use it with my interface? This would be ideal as then it could EQ both my HD598's and Rokits or can it only go between the Rokits OR HD598's after the interface? What I'm thinking it I could connect the EQ to 2 insert loops (to keep it stereo?) on my interface or will the EQ work just fine in MONO with only 1 I/O connected?

Sorry for the long-winded question, I just wanted to make it clear what I was asking.

Also, I know it might be a bit overkill as I could just use a software EQ but I find it really fun and interesting and its only $70.

Thanks,

Toby

Back