Technics RP-3215E

Necrothing

:confused:
You guys gotta bare with me, I'm a complete newbie to the technical side of recording. (I used to just hit record on a 4-track and play).

But I was wondering if anyone could give me any info on the Technics RP-3215E stereo condenser mic as I've just won one on ebay very cheaply.

Is it a good beginners mic? It only cost me £15 so you can be brutally honest with me.

Thanks in advance for any info (Good or Bad)

This is what I came up with from a Google search:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/categories/default.asp

No microphones at all listed, but turntables (natch) and such necessary items as blood pressure meters and microwave ovens.

It's probably a mic that was purpose built to accompany a Technics recorder and as such is not of the highest quality manufacture. That said, it may still be a useful microphone to have in your arsenal. It will probably be an electret condenser which will mean finding a battery for it -- if you get lucky it will be a garden variety-type, if not it may take some web searching...

Good luck with it - post again when you've got it going and have an opinion to share.

I've attached a pic, but I think your probably right about it being part of a package (recorder) deal. Still it might be useful for picking up stereo ambient sounds.

Thanks for replying bud

Attachments

• mic1.jpg
    mic1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 232
Back