TEAC Model A-3340S Reel to Reel Tape deck needs new motor

Aussi Amateur

Hi all ... I'm a 'newie' as of today 22 Jan 2011 ... from Australia ... I have a well used and well preserved TEAC A-3340S reel-to-reel Tape Deck ( has 3 motors ) ; the motor govening the fast re-wind function has either failed , or is not receiving correct current . If the motor itself is a total loss , requiring replacement , is anyone here aware of where I might obtain a suitable replacement motor for this Tape Deck ( or any such vintage 1970's/1980's Tape Decks ) please ? ... a ( possible ) supplier's name for me to follow up ? ... With thanks ...

Before you start barking up the wrong tree and investing in a motor replacement.... try investigating whether there is a blown fuse. Check the owners manual and/or read the forums, I've had similar experiences with the "older" Teac machines and have found simple and inexpensive resolutions. Good luck !

Thankyou Guys ... Appreciate your notes left ... Location is Brisbane , Australia ... I'm still waiting on the Tech's verdict ... I have an old boy ( like me ) experienced Tech who thankfully knows TEAC's & has worked on them for decades . He just cannot get motors for them any more , he says . So I hope that's not the issue . Hence my " just in case " motor chase in the USA via this helpful & informative Site of yours . Hoping it's not the motor , instead hopefully , as you say , a lesser & fixable issue . Apparently these TEAC's are a tough , well sorted out , reliable machine that did heavy work .. court-rooms , etc etc . But regular maintenance - as often happens - sometimes is let slide ... I've been slack in that regard I must admit ... Nice to know you have looked at my issue .. Thanks to all ... Cheerio (( I'lll post the result of my Tech's report when I get it ... ))

Back